domingo, 29 de marzo de 2015

Ydanis Rodríguez dona suma ganada en demanda a organizaciones DDHH

 
Office of Council Member Ydanis Rodriguez

Dear Neighbor,

Four years ago, as many of you know, I marched and protested alongside thousands in the Occupy Wall Street movement. As a lifelong progressive activist their message of social and economic inequality deeply resonated with me, prompting me to lead an 11-mile march from Washington Heights to join the protestors in Zuccotti Park. There, I met hundreds of likeminded progressives and fought for the progressive ideals of our time, income inequality and better regulation of financial markets.

During one of my many visits to the park, some of my fellow protestors and I were subject to some inappropriate actions and filed a suit against the city (read more about those actions here). Now, after 4 years my portion of the suit has been settled and I was given a $30,000 settlement. When I learned about the settlement my first thought was to use this money to further the ideals that I have fought for for decades. That is why I decided to donate the money to a likeminded organization that has fought to advance and protect the rights of Americans. Tomorrow, I will make an announcement revealing to which organizations I will donate the funds.

As always, if you have any questions, comments or concerns do not hesitate to reach out to my office at 212-788-7053 or 917-521-2616, or stop by my office  at 618 West 177thStreet.

Pa'lante!

 
-Ydanis


No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario